upcycling.jpeg

College 101: Three Things You Can Do With Your Junk

Having a few belongings here and there that don't have much use isn't that big of an issue. However, if you have clutter everywhere, you might be overwhelmed to the point where it's time to take action. But what exactly are you supposed to do with your junk? Surprisingly enough, there's so much that can be done to get rid of the old and make space for the new. Here are three things you can do with your junk to spruce up your home and improve your quality of living.

1. Sell any "junk" that's in good condition and worth buying.

moneyfan.jpeg

Courtesy of Scholarship Media

One man's trash is another man's treasure, and what we may consider junk may have value to another person. For example, unwanted items like old game consoles, art that's just collecting dust in the attic, or even extra furniture like mattresses that never got any use could always earn you some extra money. All you have to do is find the right platform like eBay or Facebook Marketplace, create a compelling listing that encourages local or national buyers to take interest in your stuff, and make a profit on things you wouldn't have otherwise used.

Once you've gotten rid of all of your junk, you might even want to treat yourself by buying something you do want. Let's imagine that you've had your eye on men's luxury watches for quite some time. You can take some of your junk profits and invest in a luxury timepiece you love. Whether you're a big fan of names like Rolex, Patek Philippe, or Audemars Piguet, there are so many pre-owned luxury watches out there at affordable prices that you can add to your collection. When you've managed to accomplish a big task like clearing out your clutter, it only makes sense to treat yourself with something like a new watch.

2. If you can't sell it, have it hauled away.

Homeowners who have a lot of unwanted junk may not realize just how much this clutter impacts their lives. Whether it's paperwork or scrap metal, clutter can lead to stress and cognitive issues, cause health problems due to the allergens and other contaminants that build up when you can't clean your space, and even result in potential injuries if you find yourself trying to navigate a space that is full of clutter. The good news? There are resources out there that can help you clear your space in no time. Now's the time to reach out to a junk removal company in your area. The right junk removal professionals will do a great job getting rid of all the junk in your driveway and home, whether you have old appliances, old furniture, or beyond. This way, you will have an experienced team on your side dealing with trash removal instead of trying to get a dumpster and do it by yourself. When clutter is impacting your life, you have to get rid of it.

3. Upcycle or recycle your junk.

upcycling.jpeg

Courtesy of Scholarship Media

Making the decision to find a new purpose for perfectly good items can be a great way to prevent your junk from sitting in landfills and impacting the environment. One great example of upcycling is taking old tires and turning them into tire swings in your backyard. Of course, you could also take things like old shelves and turn them into the perfect spot for some of your plants. Then, you can take items like old aluminum cans and fashion them into decorative pots. If there's a more eco-friendly way to repurpose your junk, consider pursuing those ideas instead of scrapping your junk.

Junk isn't often considered to have value, which is why many won't seek to do more with their junk than throw it away. If you have junk sitting around and you're looking for more ideas, use the three suggestions above to take care of the junk situation in your home.