136fb2c2-6d7b-4851-b933-df1118344658-MicrosoftTeams-image_19.jpg

Brown Deer shooting leaves three dead including suspect

A shooting in Brown Deer, Wis. has left three people dead including the suspect after a presumed domestic dispute at an apartment complex.

Four people were shot, including three fatally, following a domestic dispute in an apartment complex in Brown Deer, Wis. Saturday morning. The relationships between the victims are still unclear, but police believe at least two of the individuals knew each other.

A 31-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman were the fatal victims of the shooting. Their identities have not yet been made public. The perpetrator, a 26-year old male resident of the apartment building, is believed to have died by suicide from a self-inflicted gun wound during the shooting. The child who was in the apartment at the time of the shooting has been released to family and is unharmed. 

The suspect additionally shot at the K9 unit on the scene, but neither the officers or dogs were hurt, according to the Brown Deer Police Chief Peter Nimmer.

Residents of the apartment building were forced to shelter in place while law enforcement secured the area. The Milwaukee County Transit System sent buses to the area as warming shelters for those left outside of the apartment complex. Police have since secured the area. 

"There's no reason to believe that there's any danger to the community at this time," Nimmer said.

An investigation into the incident, led by the Wauwatosa Police Department and conducted by the Milwaukee Area Investigative Team, is currently underway.

Annabella Rosciglione

Features editor