Wake up Badgers, it is March 4!!
This means we are 18 days away till it is officially spring. This has been a really hard year for everyone because of the obvious — the pandemic.
We are almost out of the cold winter time and can finally enjoy spending time outdoors. I am a sophomore, so I was sent home my freshmen year right as the really nice weather began to settle into Madison, so I have never truly experienced the spring weather everyone in Madison raves about. However, I asked lots of friends what they like to do and compiled a list of 20 different things that just hit differently during the spring.
Think of this as your bucket list for the springtime!
1. Take advantage of online classes and take them outside.
2. Do five Minutes of journaling.
3. Download the app, “Headspace” and try meditating.
4. Do a 305 dance workout on YouTube.
5. Treat yourself to a $2 taco at Bellair on Tuesdays.
6. Try the new Starbucks Oat Latte.
7. Picnic by the Capitol.
8. Take a walk on the frozen lake — or around the frozen lake once it melts!
9. Go on a road trip to either Chicago or Milwaukee.
10. Go hiking at Devil’s Lake!
11. Get a spring roll from the spring roll food truck.
12. Go thrifting at Dig & Save.
13. Try an appetizer from every restaurant at Memorial Union and enjoy them while sitting next to the lake.
14. Join a new club.
15. Take a walk to Picnic Point.
16. Download a dating app and go on a date — many restaurants by the Capitol will be opening their patios up soon!
17. Reserve a table at Memorial Union Terrace once it’s open and operating.
18. Go on a cheese curd crawl.
19. Join the Hoffers group, a premier outdoors club at UW-Madison.
20. Rent an electric bike and do a biking tour around Madison.
It is so important to remember we are still in a pandemic, so if you are spending time around other people, please make sure to wear a mask and keep a safe distance. Good news for everyone, the time of sitting inside with nothing to do may be coming to a close very soon.
As it gets warmer, we will be able to enjoy the outdoors while socially distancing. I don’t know about you, but I absolutely cannot wait to feel those sun rays on my face. After the long winter months, springtime gives you the Vitamin D you need.
I hope this list gets you excited for springtime and gives you some motivation to get outdoors and enjoy one of the best parts about living in Madison!