tj.jpg
Bollers, a 4-star defensive end committed to Wisconsin today over Twitter. COURTESY OF JOSEPH CRESS - IOWA CITY PRESS-CITIZEN

Wisconsin snags another 4-star recruit in TJ Bollers

They’ve done it again. 

The Badgers have now added four recruits to the 2021 class in a matter of less than a month. 

Iowa standout TJ Bollers became the fourteenth signee in the 2021 class — he’s now the Badgers highest rated recruit according to Rivals, and second highest according to 247Sports. 

Bollers announced the commitment earlier today on his Twitter account, much to the delight of fellow Badger signees quarterback Deacon Pe’a Hill and defensive end Darryl Peterson. He ultimately decided to go with the Badgers over offers from top schools like Notre Dame, Penn State and Minnesota. Bollers final four included Nebraska, Alabama, Iowa State and of course, Wisconsin. 

Wisconsin’s 2021 recruiting class now includes five four-stars and sits at No. 12 and No. 15 in the nation according to 247Sports and Rivals respectively. According to 247Sports, the Badgers are also now No. 4 in the Big Ten. With the addition of Bollers, the best recruiting class in school history is only getting better.

In a message to UW fans, Bollers told the Des Moines Register, “I will never be outworked. I will give everything I've got-on the football field and in the classroom.”

Despite the addition of Bollers, the Badgers may not be done on the recruiting trail. Hill told the Locked On Badgers podcast that the 2021 recruits have a group chat and have been actively recruiting receiver Skylar Bell. Five-star offensive tackle Nolan Rucci, brother of tight end Hayden Rucci, could also be an addition for the class. 

As recent recruiting success continues to build, it could ultimately help Wisconsin permanently break through into the upper echelon of college football.