College 101: 5 Tips for Making Your Website Look Amazing

Every business owner wants the perfect website, but what if you're not a design expert? You don't have to be a pro to have a gorgeous site (though hiring a pro will certainly help). Here are five easy tips for making your website look fantastic without too much work. 

Keep It Clean

Simple is best when it comes to site design. Anyone can make a beautiful site as long as you remember to focus on the user. People want to know where to click and they don't want to be overwhelmed. A simple landing page can work just as well as an elaborate site, as long as it includes everything the user is looking for while still catching the eye. 

When creating the website, remember the basics of what you're trying to do. Ultimately, all you might need is a contact page with your hours and location and an "about" page with your business's history. Start with the essentials and build from there. A simple website is still better than no website.

photo-1487014679447-9f8336841d58.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Scholarship Media

Make It Bold, But Not Ugly

You want a website that really pops and draws the viewer in, but you don't want to overwhelm them. Bright colors can help create a unique website without being too garish. Make your site exciting and bold, but not ugly, by picking a simple color scheme and sticking to it. Shades of blue or green with attractive images will brighten a site and provide aesthetic appeal. Just be careful with the colors you choose. If you wouldn't use that color to paint a room in your house, don't put it on your website.

photo-1516321497487-e288fb19713f.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Scholarship Media

Include Images & Headers

Images and headers will draw visitors in and immediately let them know what your business is about. Pictures of the work you do will make potential customers want to hire you and provide credibility. Headers and clear organization will help them navigate the site. Ultimately, you want your website to be extremely user-friendly while also being aesthetically pleasing. Images and headers will help you accomplish that task and many domain hosts make it easy to organize your site. You don't have to be an expert in code to insert a picture anymore.

photo-1519222970733-f546218fa6d7.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Scholarship Media

Make It Fast

Site speed is extremely important. If your customers are trying to fill out the contact page on your website but it's not loading, they'll give up and you'll lose business. Make sure your site is running quickly and efficiently. Keeping your site simple and clean will help it run more smoothly. No need for any fancy plugins if you can't get them to work. Having a great host and enabling browser caching are just two ways to improve your website's speed. Does this all still sound too complicated? Don't stress. The next tip will make it all simple.

photo-1502945015378-0e284ca1a5be.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Scholarship Media

Hire a Professional

You don't need to do all the work yourself. Realistically, you have plenty of other tasks to accomplish and designing a site is probably not at the top of your to-do list. Now you can have a gorgeous site without lifting a finger. A professional service such as DesignbyVolta can make your website look attractive and user-friendly for a reasonable cost. When you trust a professional to create the perfect site, your job is stress-free. You can rest assured that you'll never lack for customers when you invest in an amazing website.

photo-1511649475669-e288648b2339.jpeg

Photo Courtesy of Scholarship Media

If you keep these five tips in mind, you'll have a beautiful website in no time at all. Customers will appreciate the simple layout, pleasing colors, and attractive images. Hiring someone to accomplish this job for you will make it even easier, so don't wait to call a pro.