Breaking_FondduLac

The DHS confirmed three more patients — including two in Fond du Lac County — on the same day UW-Madison suspended face-to-face instruction.

Three more cases of Coronavirus confirmed, making the total in Wisconsin six

The Wisconsin Department of Health confirmed three people have tested positive for COVID-19 Wednesday — doubling the total number of confirmed cases in Wisconsin to six.

The DHS confirmed one patient is from Waukesha County and currently isolated at home. The two other confirmed patients are from Fond du Lac County, where one is hospitalized and the other is isolated at home.

All three patients were exposed while traveling — either within the U.S. or internationally. 

County health officials are working to determine the people who have been in contact with the affected patients to isolate or quarantine people and test those who are exhibiting symptoms.

The DHS is also issuing new guidance for travelers on a cruise in Egypt.

Tuesday, DHS confirmed a second case of COVID-19 in Dane County. The initial patient diagnosed in February has since recovered

UW-Madison announced Wednesday face-to-face instruction will be suspended starting on March 23 until at least April 10. 

A decision on whether in-person instruction would resume after April 10 will be shared in early April.