News_JanesvilleHomicide.png

Former Badger charged with murder of two Janesville women in connection to drug deal

This past Friday, former Badger football player Marcus Randal El was charged by the Rock County District Attorney’s Office with two counts of first-degree murder in relation to the deaths of two Janesville women.

Randal El was also charged with armed carjacking and possession of a firearm by a felon. 

The crime, which was committed on Feb. 10, involved the shooting of Seairaha Winchester, 30, and Brittany McAdoroy, 27, and was potentially in connection to a drug deal, according to the Janesville Police Department.

The two women were later found alive by a passing motorist and were taken to Mercy Health hospital before passing away from their injuries.

Both of the victims leave behind children — Winchester being a mother of two and McAdoroy having four. 

Randal El, who played for the Badgers from 2004-’07 turned himself into police in the Chicago area on Feb. 15, where he was initially detained and arrested.

At this point in time, court documents do not list an attorney for Randal El.

Individuals close to the victims recently indicated Winchester may have owed Randal El money, which had caused her to be fearful for her safety prior to her murder.

Randal El has had previous encounters with law enforcement, having been put on probation for battering a former teammate over missing money, as well as assaulting his girlfriend inside a dorm room at Ogg Residential Hall during 2005.

In 2014, Randal El was also charged with home invasion and child abduction for allegedly kidnapping his three-year-old daughter from his ex-girlfriend's apartment while armed with a handgun. 

[Editor’s Note: 2/25/2020 3:30 p.m.] An earlier version of this story stated that Winchester had two children and McAdoroy had four. It was corrected to state that McAdoroy had two children and Winchester had four.