Big Ten Power Rankings: Gophers fall after loss to Iowa
Iowa offered Wisconsin a lifeline by beating Big Ten West leaders Minnesota at Kinnick Stadium.
- Ohio State - This is no fun to write. Ohio State is really good, and nobody has an answer for them, they damn well may find themselves with the championship trophy come January. The NCAA sucks for suspending Chase Young though.
- Penn State - We begrudgingly put Penn State here because there is a strong feeling in the Daily Cardinal office that Penn State is a fake team. But if their only loss is to Minnesota we can’t justify putting them any lower.
- Wisconsin - Time to get our hopes up everyone. It could happen. We could still make the Playoff. But I’m here to tell you we should just hope to make the Rose Bowl, and be happy we have a generational quarterback in the pipes for future years.
- Minnesota - Did you know gophers rarely find themselves above ground? Weird little dirt freaks.
- Michigan - The Wolverines aren’t as much of a dumpster fire than we thought at the beginning of the year, but that doesn’t mean they’re great. The game against Ohio State is going to get hyped up, and flop even harder than the Badger game did earlier this season while the Buckeyes walk to another perfect regular season.
- Iowa - I have many words to say about the Hawkeyes and Kirk Ferentz and they’re all positive right now. If you look up “heroic” in a thesaurus, you’ll see most of them. Valiant as Achilles. Greatest of them all. Thanks for beating Minnesota.
- Indiana - The Hoosiers really in some ways should’ve beaten Penn State according to some fancy stats but in the end fell short. Still, they can be on the path for a #9WINDIANA season which must be exciting. They don’t have much going normally in that state.
- Illinois - ADJUST PEOPLE! The Illini beat Wisconsin in what was supposed to be a shock. Now they’re bowl eligible. This means it’s quality loss for the Badgers. Pay attention Playoff Committee!!!!
- Purdue - Without their heroic super star Rondale Moore, Purdue is on a two-game win streak. That’s exciting! Turn that season around! But don’t do it against Wisconsin please.
- Nebraska - Happy Scott Frost Day!!! Not only did you give your head coach who went 4-8 last season an extension before last Saturday’s game against the Badgers, but you also lost that same day. That means you still only have four wins! Yay?!
- Michigan State - The Spartans led after a quarter of play, but Mark Dantonio’s men look defeated after a 44-10 loss to rival Michigan. Standing at 4-6, and mired in a five-game losing streak, Dantonio is perhaps coaching for his job the rest of the way.
- Maryland - The Terrapins enjoyed a bye week. After losing by a combined score of 163-31 the previous three weeks, they needed a break.
- Rutgers - Only lost by 35 to Ohio State after entering as 52-point underdogs. That’s a win in their book.
- Northwestern - Beat UMass 45-6, but somehow made it look ugly. The Wildcats are still fighting for their first win in the Big Ten.