Jonathan Taylor

Jonathan Taylor's five touchdowns powered Wisconsin's 48-0 win over Kent State.

Taylor MVP against Kent State after massive outing

The Wisconsin Badgers (5-0 overall, 2-0 Big Ten) offense was dominant last Saturday, with the final score 48-0. The offense led the Badgers to victory with junior Jonathan Taylor starring. 

Taylor had a career high five touchdowns in one game, four rushing and one receiving. His five touchdowns also tied a UW school record for touchdowns in a game.

“I’ll will continue to be as efficient as possible,” Taylor said after the game.

Watching Taylor never gets old, as he always finds a way to impress and lead the Badgers to victory.

He had a 72-yard touchdown, and ended the game with 19 rushes for 186 total yards. It marked the 27th time Taylor reached the 100-yard mark in 32 career games. An extremely impressive mark that few backs have ever been able to reach in college.

From the opening drive, Taylor scored a touchdown just from six yards out. This makes the Badgers the only team in the entire country to open each game to start the season with a touchdown.

Taylor is an amazing player--he is in the running for the Heisman Trophy--and his season has only been improving. He deserves all the credit as he scored four first half touchdowns. The near 200-yard game puts Taylor in third place on Wisconsin’s all-time rushing list.

Taylor has been consistent throughout the entire season so far, but says, “it's still a long season ahead, and you cannot just have a couple of games.” He knows what it takes to not only be champions, but be one of the best players in the country.

“He’s the best running back in the country,” Kent State head coach Sean Lewis said bluntly. Jonathan Taylor seemed confident during this game, catching almost every pass that went his way.

Overall, Taylor put up massive numbers against the Kent State Golden Flashes, leading the Wisconsin Badgers to an undefeated start to the season.