Michigan2019_3.jpg

Zach Baun has been a beast all season for the Badgers D-line.

Sanborn helping anchor best defensive unit in entire nation

The Wisconsin Badgers (4-0 overall, 2-0 Big Ten) offense was not as dominant as usual, and therefore the defense had to step it up. 

It was the Badger’s slowest start of the season due to the fact they only scored seven points in the first half. 

The defense led the Badgers to this victory with sophomore linebacker Jack Sanborn starring in the game.

Sanborn has made multiple impressive improvements this season so far starting as a freshman playing in 11 games. 

Sanborn has become a consistent player for Wisconsin’s defense, and has yet to disappoint so far this season. 

He had a career high 13 tackles and one for a loss against the Northwestern offense. 

While the offense couldn’t get it together, the defense is what prevented the Wildcats from scoring more touchdowns. 

Sanborn also holds up in pass coverage, and the Wildcats had to find a strict way to exploit him on the field. Sanborn is skilled at properly reading the plays and pressuring the quarterback as well as getting his hands on the offensive opposition.

Sanborn is rapidly on the rise to becoming a powerhouse player with his 2019 stats. 

He has had one sack, one forced fumble, one interception and 26 tackles so far this season. 

He stopped the Northwestern offense from reaching the end zone on multiple occasions. 

If Sanborn did not make as many stops as he did, it is very possible that the Wildcats would have come out with the win. 

The Badgers had thirteen tackles for a loss on the day, one of these coming from Sanborn, which only allowed the Wildcats to 255 total yards. 

With the Wildcats only scoring 14 points, Jack Sanborn was a major asset.