News_LGBTQflag.jpg

The Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce awarded Wells Fargo a position on its Leadership Advisory Council.

Wells Fargo joins statewide effort to promote workplace diversity and inclusion

Wells Fargo became an official gold founding member of the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce today after four years of partnership.

Wells Fargo’s new member status will allow it a seat on the Chamber’s Leadership Advisory Council.

“We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels, as success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives,” Wells Fargo Region Bank President Tony Nguyen said in a press release. “We are excited about what an expanded effort with the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber will allow us to accomplish together.” 

Since its inception in 2012, the Chamber and its members have worked to promote workplace equality and a fair business community. The LGBT Chamber of Commerce is comprised of over 600 LGBT-allied members from companies across the state.

The Chamber also hosts professional development programs, such as their year-long Business Leadership Academy. The program selects a small group of members to learn from industry professionals how to effectively lead and promote diversity in the workplace.

According to their website, the Chamber has been nationally recognized in years past, including receiving a National Chamber of the Year award in 2015 and a National Rising Star Chamber Award in 2014. 

“We have thoroughly enjoyed our relationship with the company for the past few years and are excited about how this increased investment can dramatically impact LGBT and allied businesses in Wisconsin,” Chamber President & CEO Jason Rae said in the release.

Brighid Hartnett

State News Editor