Campus News

UW-Madison to hold Diversity Forum next week

Diversity Forum speakers include the assistant vice provost in the Division of Diversity Sherri A. Charleston, the chief of university police Kristen Roman and Chancellor Rebecca Blank.

Image By: Katie Scheidt and Courtesy of UW-Madison and Cameron Lane-Flehinger

UW-Madison will welcome a variety of guest speakers to discuss topics of inclusivity and wellness at the 18th Diversity Forum next week.

Program directors, police officers, professors and others affiliated with UW-Madison will gather at Union South on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 to discuss ways to cultivate a diverse campus environment. The forum, Beyond the Numbers — Relationships, Retention and Reality, will consist of national speakers, panel discussions, trainings and networking.

The keynote speaker of the forum will be Dr. Talithia Williams, an associate professor and national speaker, who’s known for her TED Talk, “Own Your Body’s Data.” She takes sophisticated numerical topics and makes them understandable for a large audience.

Other notable speakers include the assistant vice provost in the Division of Diversity Sherri A. Charleston, the chief of university police Kristen Roman and Chancellor Rebecca Blank.

In addition to speakers, a screening of the documentary “America to Me” will be shown in the Marquee Theatre. Honorees of the 2018 Outstanding Women of Color Awards will also be announced.