The Transfer Transition Program is holding a week-long celebration of transfer students. 

UW-Madison dedicates week to appreciating transfer students

More than one in three undergraduate students has transferred to a different college, according to the Transfer Transition Program website.

In order to make transfer students feel more welcome, UW-Madison is celebrating National Transfer Student Week to spread positivity and inclusion to transfer students. The week began on Monday, Oct. 15 and continues through Friday, Oct. 19. All students can attend NTSW campus events.

“Transfer students have told us that it is easy to meet people on campus but that it’s hard to form relationships because it feels like people already have close-knit groups,” said Transfer Transition Coordinator Shelby Knuth said.“We want this week to help create visibility for transfer students and celebrate the wealth of diversity that they bring to campus.”

Each day this week has designated special events to show appreciation for UW-Madison transfer students. The students have already received immense success and praise from the transfer population. Knuth said more than 80 students attended Monday’s Transfer Celebration Breakfast throughout the entire day.

“People kept coming to just hang out and share their experiences,” Knuth said.

According to the Transfer Transition Program website, if students can’t attend any of the events located around campus, a great way to engage is to recognize transfer students for their accomplishments or an impact they have made. People can do so by filling out a short survey of positive things you want them to know and the NTSW team will send them an email notifying them of your appreciation.