Wisconsin Union student workers are frustrated after wage change. 

Sunburst chairs to return to Memorial Union Terrace

It is that time of year again.

The Memorial Union Terrace will celebrate the warm weather Tuesday by returning its popular sunburst chairs to their lakeside home at 4:30 p.m., the Wisconsin Union announced Monday.

The Union will begin Terrace season — an almost 90-year-old tradition — by inviting UW-Madison students and community members to line up at the North Park Street entrance to the Terrace at 3:30 p.m. Each person in line will pick up a chair to take onto the Terrace, kicking off the 2018 Terrace season.

Tuesday’s first 500 Terrace-goers will receive free ice cream and small bags of popcorn at Der Stiftskeller from 4:30-7 p.m., which is provided by the UW-Madison class of 2018.

The Union will show free films every Monday, from Memorial Day through Labor Day, as well as five Sunday nights: June 10 and 24; July 8 and 22; and August 5.

“Terrace season means it's time to start building connections, having a good time, running into past friends, and enjoying some sun,” Union President Iffat Bhuiyan said in a release. “I am looking forward to seeing the Terrace full of people with their friends and family.”