Three shots were fired Wednesday near the home of the mother of Tony Robinson, a 19-year-old fatally shot by a Madison police officer in 2015.

Police investigating shots fired near home of Tony Robinson’s mother

Madison Police Department officers are investigating an apparent shooting that happened Wednesday on the north side of Madison, near where the mother of Tony Robinson — a teen fatally shot by an MPD officer in 2015 — currently lives.

No one was hurt, MPD Officer Matthew Schroedl said in a report, but police found damage to a building in the 2100 block of Winnebago Street, where the incident occurred.

“At this time it unknown if it was related to this incident,” Schroedl said.

A man reportedly fired a gun three times around 7:15 p.m., police said. Witnesses told police they saw two cars, whose passengers were apparently arguing, stopped in the area right before shots were fired.

Andrea Irwin, Robinson’s mother, told the Daily Cardinal she believes her house was targeted in the shooting.

“Someone shot at my house and I need to find out what happened,” Irwin said, adding that police found a shell casing on her roof while investigating the scene today.

She also said on Facebook that her house was “shot up” shortly after the incident, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

The investigation, led by MPD Violent Crime Unit, is ongoing.

In February, the city of Madison and Irwin’s family reached a historic $3.35 million settlement in a civil rights lawsuit filed following the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Robinson. MPD Officer Matthew Kenney shot and killed Robinson after a physical altercation in 2015.