The La Ville apartment complex was roped off after an incident Monday in which two people were injured.

Two injured in robbery at campus-area apartment

At least two people were injured in a robbery at a campus-area apartment Monday that was initially reported by WKOW 27 News as a shooting. According to WKOW, police said one person suffered a gunshot wound, but the Madison Police Department officer in charge told The Daily Cardinal there were no shots fired.

The incident took place at the La Ville apartment complex on West Gorham Street. In the aftermath of the robbery, both injured people were transported to a local hospital, one bleeding from his head.

The officer in charge said that both of the injured people are still at the hospital and are “conscious and breathing.” She also said police believe the suspects and victims knew each other. 

MPD Sgt. Stephanie Drescher described the two suspects as an African-American man in his 20's and a Hispanic man in his late 20's. 

Lilly Price contributed to this report.

UPDATE July 24 11:12 p.m.: This post was updated to include additional information.