The Republican Party of Wisconsin filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Wednesday alleging Hillary Clinton and Jill Stein coordinated their advocacy of a recount of Wisconsin’s general election results.

Wisconsin GOP alleges coordination in recount between Clinton, Stein campaigns

The Republican Party of Wisconsin alleged unlawful coordination between the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Jill Stein Wednesday as the state begins its general election recount.

In a complaint filed with the Federal Elections Commission, the state party asked for the commission to begin an investigation into whether campaign finance laws are violated by the two campaigns in efforts to reaffirm the validity of Election Day ballots.

Stein’s fundraising for the recount will only serve the interests of Clinton, the Wisconsin GOP says.

“The Clinton campaign’s direct involvement in the recount process, which was announced well before the recount itself was paid for and finalized, demonstrates a clear link between the actions of the Stein campaign and the strategic goals of Hillary for America,” the party said in the complaint.

Statewide recount plans were confirmed Tuesday after Stein’s campaign raised nearly $4 million to fund them. The Clinton campaign did not initially respond, but later supported Stein’s unsuccessful efforts to mandate hand recounts in the Dane County Circuit Court.

Stein’s campaign manager denied any coordination with other political groups. He said the Wisconsin recount is nonpartisan and called the FEC complaint “nothing but a stunt to push a false narrative,” according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

It is not clear whether the complaint will be upheld.

Wisconsin counties will begin recount efforts Thursday. The state is required by federal law to complete the recount by Dec. 13.