Jason Sidener will take over as Executive Director of the Wisconsin Democratic Party beginning Jan. 1.

Democratic Party of Wisconsin appoints new executive director

Jason Sidener will take over as the new executive director of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, replacing current director Kory Kozloski.

The party’s administrative committee voted Friday to approve Sidener as their next leader.

“Jason Sidener is an incredible addition to our team. He brings nearly two decades of political organizing, grassroots engagement, and progressive movement leadership to the Democratic Party of Wisconsin,” Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Martha Laning said in a statement.

Sidener has been deeply involved with politics and the Democratic Party as a political activist and as a leader in many volunteer organizations. His past leadership positions include serving as the President of the Board for Wisconsin Progress and as the Electoral Committee Chair for Citizen Action of Wisconsin.

Sidener will officially take his position Jan. 1.

Kozloski is slated to leave his post after his wife received a new job out of state. His last day with the party will be in mid-January, according to the Capital Times.

Beginning his tenure as executive director in November 2015, Kozlowski replaced Mike Tate in the role.

He had previously worked on both state and national campaigns. Prior to his position at DPW, he had been a senior associate and communications strategist at AL Media. He also served as executive director for the Wisconsin Senate Democrats and a Chief of Staff in the Wisconsin State Senate.