Colleges Against Cancer members celebrated the beginning of Breast Fest, a week-long series of events that concludes Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and informed people of the upcoming Rally for Life event.

Colleges Against Cancer kicks off Breast Fest with rally

Colleges Against Cancer began celebrating the start of Breast Fest, a week-long series of events to raise awareness for breast cancer that will occur during the last week of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

The organization gathered at Library Mall Monday and shared information about the upcoming Relay for Life event with visitors of their table.

UW-Madison senior Allie Lowman, who is the director of sponsorship for CAC, stressed the importance of cancer awareness and promoted the Relay for Life event, which will be held April 7 and 8.

“It makes a big campus seem a little bit smaller,” Lowman said.”To see everyone come together for one cause, it’s really meaningful, especially if you know someone who’s struggled with cancer before.”

CAC will be holding multiple events this week for Breast Fest that encompass the theme of breast cancer awareness, starting with a breast cancer panel Tuesday, a luminaria ceremony Wednesday and a balloon release Friday.