Roundtable: Predictions for week three in college football

Which game will feature the biggest upset?

Thomas Valtin-Erwin: Despite its 2-0 record, No. 22 Oregon has been relatively unimpressive to start the season. A 25-point win over UC-Davis (yes, they have a football team) and an 18-point win over Virginia are both weak victories. Nebraska, on the other hand, has won both its games by an average of 34 points and shows no signs of slowing down. Prediction: Nebraska

Lorin Cox: Appalachian State took Tennessee to overtime in week one, almost pulling off the major upset to start the season behind their excellent defense. They get another shot against a ranked opponent this week, and Miami’s slow start against Florida Atlantic last week showed that the Hurricanes are vulnerable. Prediction: Appalachian State

Andrew Tucker: This game may be considered an upset in conference level only, but my upset pick of the week is Western Michigan over Illinois. The Broncos beat Northwestern by one point in week one, and with potential NFL first-rounder Corey Davis catching passes, they should be able to beat the rebuilding Illini. Prediction: Western Michigan

What will be the final score between Wisconsin and Georgia State?

TVE: This game won’t be close, but the Badgers have been bitten by the injury bug early this year. With T.J. Edwards slowly returning and Chris Orr done for the year, maybe the Panthers will catch a backup out of position and score a touchdown. That being said, Corey Clement might break 200 yards in the first half on Saturday. Prediction: Wisconsin 41, Georgia State 7

LC: Wisconsin’s defense has more than proved it is legitimate, and against lesser competition, the Badgers’ offense hasn’t struggled to get into a rhythm. Georgia State lost its talented quarterback from last year and doesn’t pose much of a threat. Prediction: Wisconsin 45, Georgia State 6

AT: Georgia State isn’t LSU. In fact, Georgia State isn’t even Akron. Wisconsin should take GSU to task, and I bet they’ll win 38-3. Prediction: Wisconsin 38, Georgia State 3

Which Heisman candidate will have the best game?

TVE: Maybe he won’t have the highest-scoring fantasy day, but I’m expecting Florida State running back Dalvin Cook to put in work against a very strong Louisville defense. The Cardinals have jumped to No. 10 in the AP Poll, but the Seminoles look ready to win every game this season by 30 points. Cook should look impressive against a great ranked team. Prediction: Dalvin Cook

LC: No. 5 Clemson gets Cincinnati this week, which allowed Purdue quarterback David Blough to throw for 400 yards on them despite intercepting him five times in the game. If the Tigers let Watson air it out, he could shred the Bearcats defense up and down the field. Prediction: Deshaun Watson

AT: With seven total touchdowns in week one, Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett scorched his way to the top of my Heisman radar. While he won’t likely repeat that feat, a solid game in the national spotlight against a talented Oklahoma team will do wonders for his Heisman résumé. Prediction: J.T. Barrett