Larry Seidl, 18, was arrested twice in two consecutive weekends for incidents in Sellery and Ogg Halls.

Anti-semitic graffiti found in Sellery Residence Hall

Anti-Semitic graffiti found in Sellery Residence Hall was reported to UW-Madison Saturday.

According to UW-Madison spokesperson Meredith McGlone, swastikas were drawn on whiteboards on three different dormitory room doors.

“UW-Madison takes campus climate seriously,” McGlone said. “We are investigating to determine the identity of the individual[s] responsible for this behavior. Anyone with information is asked to contact any Sellery Residence Hall staff member.”

The UW Hillel Foundation offered support to those affected and all organization members through an email sent Tuesday. The message called upon individuals to report any anti-semitic occurrences.

An investigation revealed that the individuals responsible for the drawings were students visiting from a different school, according to McGlone. She said that the students chose the vandalized doors at random.

"Following campus practice, UW-Madison officials will contact officials at the students’ institution to provide information about the incident for any action that may be appropriate," McGlone said.

UPDATE Sept. 13, 5:38 p.m. This story was updated to include the correct date of the incident. 

UPDATE Sept. 13, 8:44 p.m. This story was updated to include new details of the investigation.