ray cross

UW System President Ray Cross said students will benefit from pre-college preparation. 

Wisconsin offers webinars to prepare students for college

UW System and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction teamed up this fall to create a series of free “College Readiness Webinars” to better prepare students for postsecondary education.

Over 90 high school teachers, counselors, principals and other people throughout Wisconsin registered for each webinar. These programs aim to prepare students for college math, English language skills and the college admission process, according to a UW System release.

“For Wisconsin to reach its full economic potential, it is widely recognized that we must increase the number of college graduates in the state,” said UW System President Ray Cross. “We also recognize that, for a variety of reasons, many students coming to college might benefit from additional pre-college preparation.”

The next College Readiness Webinar is scheduled for a Dec. 8 release and will inform students on how high school faculty and staff can help with graduation and gain skills to succeed in college, according to the release.