Tangled Up In Blue

Tangled Up In Blue will perform in Memorial Union Friday.

Madison's weekend entertainment

We only have a few weekends left in the semester, so now is the time to take advantage of all the entertainment opportunities this campus has to offer.

A-ca-awesome

It’s fall showcase season and two of Madison’s talented a cappella groups are ready to take the stage and show off their hard work for the semester.

Tangled Up In Blue is an all-female group on campus and they will take the stage Friday in the Memorial Union Fredric March Play Circle. The theme for this year’s show is “Lost In Madison” and there is a student discount for tickets.

Fundamentally Sound is an all-male group consisting of raw talent and tan suspenders. They will perform Saturday night in Shannon Hall.

You’ll flip for this one

Madison Swing is hosting a trick workshop Friday night in Union South. No experience is required and it is a great opportunity to learn more about the art of swing dancing.

Dog-gone good time

Joe Pug is hitting the stage for a WUD Music performance Sunday at Memorial Union. Pug has performed at Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and other notable music festivals around the country and is well-known for his work. Also performing concerts this weekend are Homeless & Big Cats with Lucien Parker and Buck Russell Friday in Union South.

Reel fun

No mission is too impossible for Tom Cruise. The Marquee will be playing “Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation” this weekend as well as “Akira,” “Cobain: Montage of Heck,” “Warsaw 44” and “Gods.”

Free Art Friday

Wheelhouse Studios will host a free art project as part of its weekly Free Art Friday series.

Check The Daily Cardinal each Thursday to find out what to do for entertainment in Madison each weekend. Hint: We like things that are free.