Rebecca Blank

UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank will join the Internet2 Board of Trustees, a panel that aims to form a technologically efficient service network between various academic institutions and federal agencies.

Chancellor Blank elected to Internet2 Board

UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank was elected to the Internet2 Board of Trustees this week, a panel made up of various university presidents, chief information officers, researchers and industry partners.

The board aims to link academic institutions, federal agencies and laboratories together to form a technologically efficient service network, according to a UW-Madison release.

The panel elected Blank for a three-year term, where she will help give fiscal recommendations with other members. Past Internet2 trustees include former UW-Madison Chancellor David Ward.

“I look forward to serving on a board that has such a wide impact on the future of higher education,” Blank said in the release. “As a founding member of Internet2, the University of Wisconsin–Madison has continuously contributed to the ongoing development and expansion of the critical services offered by Internet2. It is essential technology to support science at research universities.”