UW athletics partners with 'It's On Us' Campaign

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Intercollegiate Athletics announced Monday it will be partnering with other campus departments in the nationwide “It’s On Us” sexual assault prevention and awareness campaign.

The athletic department, in conjunction with University Health Services, the University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department and the Division of Student Life, created a series of videos in line with the campaign’s goals. Men’s basketball’s Vitto Brown, football’s Corey Clement, women’s hockey’s Sydney McKibbon, as well as athletic director Barry Alvarez and men’s hockey head coach Mike Eaves will appear in the videos.

Brown, who appeared at the press conference announcing the partnership, believes the partnership with be effective on the UW-Madison campus because of the high visibility of the university’s student-athletes.

“Being in a leadership role, being visible to everybody,” Brown said. I know, myself, I don’t watch the news as much as I probably should so I might not see these campaigns but, as a student or a student-athlete, I’m going to look at the sports channels and therefore will see the ‘It’s On Us’ campaign because of us. The visibility is a big aspect as well.”

The videos will be shown at home games throughout the fall.