Dolly Wang

ASM Diversity Committee Chair Dolly Wang describes the upcoming Diversity Framework forums scheduled for April. 

UW-Madison to continue campus, community conversation on Diversity Framework

UW-Madison officials announced plans to hold forums to update students and community members on the Diversity Framework’s progress throughout April.

The Framework, which shared governance bodies approved in May 2014, aims to promote campus-wide values of leadership, coordination and retention concerning diversity and inclusion.

Presented by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer, four forums are scheduled on campus in the Gordon Dining and Event Center, while four others are scheduled in various venues throughout Madison.

Starting in November, six committees composed of faculty, staff and students began researching six areas of campus life to gain a comprehensive understanding of the significance of diversity in those categories, Interim Vice Provost for Diversity and Climate Patrick Sims wrote in a March 23 email.

April’s sessions will include updated reports from the committees and a question and answer session for audience members.

All forums will be translated into various languages including English, Hmong, Mandarin, Spanish, Tibetan and American Sign Language.