Revelry

Organizers of the Revelry Music and Arts Festival announced various changes to the festival’s organization this year, including its location and a special pre-sale ticket promotion.

Revelry organizers reveal changes to this year’s festival

The Wisconsin Union Directorate and festival organizers announced details Monday regarding the third annual Revelry Music and Arts Festival, to be held Saturday, May 2.

The announcements, including a site change and “early bird” ticket promotions, acted as a prelude to the lineup release, which will come later this week.

Last year, Revelry doubled attendance from its first year, with more than 6,000 tickets sold. Revelry Marketing Director Ronan Daly said expected attendance for this year’s festival is 10,000 people.

This expected growth in attendance led the planning group to move Revelry’s Main Stage from Langdon Street to Library Mall.

Tickets for the festival are being offered at half price this week only, then will increase to $10 for students. Revelry Executive Director Ben Arden said the goal is for tickets to be affordable for all students.

“Since its start, Revelry has been a music festival for students, by students, and this year is no exception,” Co-Festival Director Ayla Kress added. “We’re pleased to say we believe this year will be better than ever.”