Capitol Square's Cento offers diners traditional Italian with a twist

Does Madison really need another Italian restaurant?

Yes, and Cento, the sophistcated, ultrachic Italian restaurant with warm ambiance and eclectic vibes, will keep you coming again and again.

Located at 122 W. Mifflin St., Cento’s modern interior and upbeat menu are the perfect addition to Capitol Square’s collection of restaurants.

Walking into Cento, you should expect to be greeted with genuine smiles and impressive service, ambiance and menu. The menu offers traditional Italian dishes, but you will also find many twists and unexpected delights.

Whether you are under or over 21, there is an extensive drink list and with any good Italian restaurant, the wine menu is the longest.

With choices of both red and white wines and different cocktails, this is a great place to bring your significant other, parents or grandparents.

There really is something for everyone and more so, every kind of diner.

For dining, the wide array of dishes is sure to please everyone, from the most traditional Italian to a college student in desperate need of pasta.

The gnocchi comes highly recommended and I can do nothing but add praise.

This dish is unconventionally served with mushrooms and for texture, topped with crunchy bread crumbs.

These little potato dumplings are full of flavor, and were a perfect pairing to the warm sourdough bread and the housemade olive oil-infused butter.

As always, to finish the Cento dining experience, dessert was in order.

This meant the flavors of tiramisu were brought to the table. As I had mentioned before, each of these traditional Italian dishes has an interesting twist.

The tiramisu included the traditional ladyfinger cake, however Cento’s take included a decadent side of mascarpone and gelato.

The smooth texture of the mascarpone cheese paired with the candied nuts and cold gelato was the perfect end to a wonderful meal.

Overall, this was a great dining experience.

From the warm welcome received when walking in the front door, to the impeccable service of the waitstaff, you will most definitely be pleased with your experience.

Cento should be on your list to try, and if you have already been, to try again and explore the rest of the menu’s offerings.

A reservation is necessary, especially on a weekend night, otherwise be prepared to have a small wait that rest assured, is well worth it.