Cross Country: Both teams place 10th in NCAA Championships

Both the Badger men and women teams registered a tenth place finish in the NCAA Championships in Terra Haute, Indiana this past Saturday, closing out another successful season for one of Wisconsin’s most successful programs.

The men’s team was able to extend their streak to 19 straight Top 10 finishes. The best individual performance from the team came from the meet’s 10th place finisher, sophomore Malachy Schrobilgen. The Badgers had two other competitors finish in the top 100, as freshman Morgan McDonald finished 75th and redshirt freshman Ryan Kromer finished 99th. Colorado took home the overall championship, while the individual champion for the second straight year was Edward Cheserek from Oregon.

The women’s team was also able to come out of the NCAA Championship with a Top 10 finish. They finished 10th behind the spectacular performance of sophomore Sarah Disanza, who came in second place among the individuals. The Badgers were also able to get two other top 100 finishes. Junior Molly Hanson finished 74th and senior Gabi Anzalone finished 100th. The championship for the women went to Michigan State and the individual champion was Kate Avery from Iona.