UW-Madison announces University Housing director finalists

The University of Wisconsin-Madison named five finalists for the position of University Housing director, according to a university news release.

The finalists will visit UW-Madison over the coming weeks to deliver public presentations, an opportunity that Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Darrell Bazzell said campus members should consider attending, according to the release.

“The search and screen committee has selected an impressive group of finalists,” Bazzell said in the release. “I look forward to having them on campus for interviews, and I encourage all members of our campus community to participate in the robust public presentation process."

The finalists and their respective presentation times are scheduled as follows:

• Frankie Minor, the residential life director at the University of Missouri-Columbia for the past 20 years, will present Wednesday at 1:45 p.m. in the Main Lounge of Ogg Hall.
  • Rick Gibson, the director of residential programs and services at the University of Georgia for the past 14 years, will present Friday at 1:45 p.m. in the Main Lounge of Ogg Hall.
  • Brian Ward, communications and residential operations director in UW-Madison’s Division of University Housing for the past two years, will present May 7 at 1:45 p.m. in the Overture Room of Gordon Dining and Event Center.
  • Jeff Novak, director of housing operations and residence life at the University of Central Florida for the past three years, will present May 8 at 1:45 p.m. in the Sonata Room of Gordon Dining and Event Center.
  • Lisa Beth Bergene withdrew her name from the running and may be replaced soon, according to the release.