Candidates announce state Senate and state Assembly campaigns

Dane Deutsch and Brown County Supervisor Dan Robinson announced Thursday their candidacies for the 25th state Senate district and the 88th state Assembly district, respectively.

Deutsch said his campaign emphasizes northern Wisconsin’s need for an independent voice in Madison.

"Too often party politics gets in the way of doing what's best for the hard working families of Wisconsin," he said. “We need a government that is focused on getting people back to work, while being a responsible steward of the taxpayers' money."

As a former officer in the United States Air Force and a local entrepreneur heading three different companies, Deutsch said he has diverse experience that will be imperative to his time in office.

Deutch said a central point to his campaign is to provide local communities with greater authority.

“That means less government, less taxes and more about letting [local business owners] focus on growing their business,” Deutsch said. “I’m not a politician. I’m a statesman… I’m an American first and I want to be able to reach out to people and help them reach their potential.”

Dan Robinson, said his campaign focuses on “working together for everyone,” in his own district and in the greater Wisconsin area. He credited his experience as Brown County Supervisor and as a De Pere Alderman with providing him the skills to build bridges between all those involved in government.

“Government is really an extension of us,” Robinson said. “It is how we as a community, as a society and as a state come together to ask, ‘how do we want to organize ourselves?’”

Robinson said his campaign will focus on creating more opportunities for families in the lower and middle class so they can take better care of themselves and their communities through investment in all levels of education, raising the minimum wage and developing local businesses.

To his constituents, Robinson says, “We have to do this in a way that betters the lives of everyone in the community and make government accessible to everyone.”

The elections are scheduled for November 2014.