Game arrest_12.2.13

University police cited UW student Cade Peregoy for underage drinking and running onto Camp Randall’s field Saturday.

Last home game of the season sees increase in disruptive behavior, UW student streaking

The final Badger home football game of the 2013 season Saturday against Penn State saw a high number of all-around rambunctious behavior, as well as a University of Wisconsin-Madison student streaking on the playing field.

UW-Madison Police Department Spokesperson Marc Lovicott said UW-Madison student Cade Peregoy was intoxicated and wandering around the field disturbing the players when officers finally caught up with him running into the south end zone.

Lovicott said it has not been determined how Peregoy was able to bypass security and enter the field during the game.

“We’re still trying to figure that out,” Lovicott said. “We know that he entered somehow on the north end zone area of the field, but we’re not exactly sure how he got out on the field.”

Police cited Peregoy for underage drinking and entering the playing surface, according to Lovicott, who added he believes Peregoy was also later taken to detox.

Aside from this incident, the total number of citations increased from the previous game against Indiana from 16 to 28. UW student ejections also increased from 8 to 27, and police arrested a total of 17 students.

The highest blood alcohol sample was 0.332, up from 0.287, and first aid calls also increased from 6 to 23.