Men's Basketball: UW opens Cancun Challenge against Bowling Green

Following a school-record 43-point performance from junior forward Frank Kaminsky Tuesday, Wisconsin (4-0) will play the second of their three-game homestand Thursday night against Bowling Green University (1-1).

The matchup marks the first game of the Cancun Challenge, which starts in the United States this week and ends in Cancun Nov. 26 and 27.

UW will play their second game in the challenge Saturday against Oral Roberts at the Kohl Center.

The final game in Cancun pits Wisconsin against a solid St. Louis team who showed last year it could play with anyone.

The Badgers look to continue their hot start to the season, winning their first four games, including a 103-point performance on Tuesday night.

The Falcons have only played two games thus far, averaging 81.5 points per game in that span.

UW will look to step up their defense after its last outing against North Dakota, in which the Badgers allowed 85 points. Wisconsin’s opponents averaged just 55.9 points per game last year.

In its past two outings Bowling Green blew out Earlham College and fell to South Florida.

The Falcons leading scorer is junior guard Jehvon Clarke, who averages 17 points per game.

Junior guard Chauncey Orr is second in scoring with an average of 14 points per game.

The two teams have not met since 1991, when Wisconsin won 87-79 in overtime at the Kohl Center. The all-time series is 2-1, in favor of the Badgers. Tip off is set for 7 p.m.