Reasons to join The Daily Cardinal sports desk next year

1. Your resume is terrible

So you’ve made it through a year or two of college, maybe you’ve even made good grades, but a huge pit in your stomach opens up when you think back and realize the only things you’ve done in two years other than go to class and drink obscene amounts of alcohol is work at Camp Whatever over the summer. It’s time to get some practical experience that you can use out there in the cold, desolate “real” world, and The Daily Cardinal can do that for you.

2. You aren’t very good at professional networking

Some people’s parents own businesses and are CEOs of major corporations, but let’s be real, this probably isn’t you. Whenever someone utters, “It’s not the grades you make, it’s the hands you shake,” a piece of your soul dies because you haven’t met anyone who can help you get a real job. And you want to get a real job some day. That’s where The Daily Cardinal can help. We have thousands of alumni in position to help current staffers. And guess what? The person sitting next to you in the Cardinal office just might be a real live professional reference for you to use.

3. You want more friends

Here at The Daily Cardinal, we sometimes lovingly refer to ourselves as “The Cult.” It’s a bona fide law of science that when you put a bunch of 18-to-22-year-olds who share similar interests in a room together they will become friends. But here in the basement of Vilas, friends just doesn’t seem to do it justice. We’re brothers and sisters, and because of this shared experience we have, we would do anything for each other. The greatest thing about it? We want YOU to be a part of it.

4. You have a perspective campus should be exposed to

We hear a lot about the diversity here on campus, and it seems like a fallacy at times. Honestly, the problem lies in the fact  we don’t hear about the things going on around campus, whether they shine positive light on Badger Nation or make us sound like a bunch of idiot college students. Here’s the thing: You have something to offer campus, and The Daily Cardinal is just the megaphone you can shout through.

5. We’re sexy

We look pretty good. In fact, I’d venture so far as to say we are the best looking college newspaper staff in town. And who doesn’t want to spend more time around attractive people?

Are you interested in writing for The Daily Cardinal sports desk? If so, shoot us an email at sports@dailycardinal.com.