Dirty Bird

The Dirty Bird: Sultry solutions to sexify your summer

Summer is just around the corner, bringing shorter shorts and longer nights. With classes winding down, the time is right to sexify our lives. There are so many ways to get it on over the summer, and there is never a wrong time to continue exploring our sexualities. Whether we try something new with a partner, many partners or ourselves, a general lack of homework and increased lack of long sleeves gives us the option to get down the way we want.

The first step is to discover exactly what we like and what we want to explore. An easy way to do this is by touching ourselves. Yay! Masturbation is such a wonderful way to get to know what turns us on—we can find our “special spots,” let our imaginations show us what we like and learn how to get ourselves off.

There are different ways to masturbate, each beneficial in its own right. Most people who masturbate have a go-to method most effective in producing a quick orgasm. Unfortunately, many of us get stuck in a rut, only using that technique and forgetting how fun exploration can be!

Next time we engage in self-loving, we should remember our bodies are made up of more tissue than just our genitalia. Erogenous zones are all over, and each individual has some in places unique to their body. We should remember to indulge ourselves and find all these places. Not only will knowing different hot spots around our bodies heat up self-sessions, but now we’ll know where to tell our partners to look. It’s a win-win situation.

The next step, if we want to make it, is finding a banging summer buddy, whether that means our next fling, the love of our lives or just someone to cuddle with.

So how do we make our prospective flings into a real “thing?” Although there isn’t one fail-safe way to find a partner, there are certain ways to open up to all the possibilities. 

Find love where your heart is, not where you look for it. The easiest way to find somebody to spend the summer with is to get involved with things we enjoy doing. By meeting people while doing things we find fun, we’re finding people who like the same things we do.

If you enjoy climbing, take a hike around Devil’s Lake with an org that goes there. Do some good, if that’s your thing. Use all the extra time we’re afforded during summer to join an organization like Badger Volunteers or help F.H. King tend to their garden. And don’t forget to keep your eyes open wherever you go, whether it be summer school or work. We never know where love might find us.

Finally, follow the instructions a wise man once told me: Look high for someone to love but look low within yourself, because low is where testicles are often found on a human body, and you need those to ask somebody out.

So wise. Whether or not we are a person with literal testicles, our figurative balls are vital for summer fun! Being able to talk to someone you haven’t met is a necessary trait for anybody up for lovin’. Find your courage, whether between your legs or in your chest, and exploit it to find those hotties! 

Along the same vein (insert penis/balls joke here), if we’re looking for a summer beau, we should make ourselves available! We should hang out in places where people are willing to talk to people they don’t know. Whether we like to spent time at the bars, on the Terrace or on Bascom, hang out alone once in a while, without headphones.

Try reading a book or sketching your surroundings. Give somebody something to ask you about. And ask somebody else about something they’re doing! The more interactions you have the higher your chances of findings a special friend.

Enjoy your summers, Badgers, and may the odds be ever in your favor. 

Got questions for the Dirty Bird? Send an email to sex@dailycardinal.com to get Alex’s expert answers.