Madison police suspect three shootings in Verona connected

Madison police are searching for a gunman responsible for three separate shooting incidents that occurred Monday night in the Verona area, Madison Police Department spokesperson Joel DeSpain told the Wisconsin State Journal.

A 27-year-old Madison male told the police a man seized him from behind at gun point and ordered him to hand over all of his “stuff ” at approximately 9:51 p.m. on the 900 block of Emerald Street, according to the first report.

During the struggle that ensued, the suspect shot the victim in the leg. The victim received treatment at a hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

In the report, the victim described the suspect as being a 25- to 30-year-old African-American man, the report said, and the suspect escaped on foot.

The next shots fired were reported at approximately 12:19 a.m. on the 4500 block of Verona Road. The victim, a 24-year-old male, was driving along the Beltline toward Verona Road when someone in an oncoming vehicle fired a shot at the victim’s car, leaving a bullet hole in the driver’s rear-side door, according to the second report.

The victim suffered no injuries and told police the suspect may have been driving a white, four-door vehicle. As of now, the victim seems to be the target of a random attack, according to police report.

At approximately 12:24 a.m., more shots were fired at a home located at 909 Chapel Hill Rd., The victim, also a 24-year-old male, was in his home when the noise caught his attention. Upon investigating, the victim found a bullet hole in both the wall and front window of his living room, according to the report.

The victim suffered no injuries and also appeared to be a random target.

Although the reports did not establish a correlation between the incidents, DeSpain told the State Journal he believes the incidents are related and the investigation is ongoing.