Accidents at two construction sites lead to non-life threatening injuries for two workers

The Madison Fire Department responded to two separate accidents at two different construction sites Friday, according to a city news release.

The first accident occurred at about 10 a.m. at the construction site for a new library, 334 W. Doty St., when a construction worker fell between four and five feet onto a roof area, according to Madison Fire Department spokesperson Bernadette Galvez.

A crane operator from Stevens Construction Corporation, the company in charge of the library construction, worked with the MFD to lower him to the ground, according to the statement.

The patient was conscious and transported to St. Mary’s Hospital, the news release said.

An hour and half later, the MFD responded to a call at the Memorial Union construction site, 800 Langdon St., where a construction worker slipped from a beam, although the man’s harness prevented him from falling to the ground.

Other workers were able to lower the injured man to the ground where medic crews loaded him into an ambulance and took him to University of Wisconsin Hospital, according to the statement.

Both workers sustained non-life threatening injuries, according to Galvez.