Obama, Walker to tour WI factory

President Barack Obama will greet and accompany Gov. Scott Walker on a tour of a Master Lock factory when the President arrives in Milwaukee on Wednesday.

According to Walker spokesperson Cullen Werwie, Walker will meet Obama on the tarmac and join him for his visit of Master Lock, but will not make any remarks.

"We are honored the President is coming to Wisconsin," Werwie said.

The president's visit comes just a few weeks after he delivered his annual State of the Union Address. In the speech, Obama pointed to Master Lock as an economic success story, crediting the company for bringing 100 unionized jobs back to Milwaukee from overseas.

During his address at the Conservative Political Action Conference last week, Walker criticized the president for remarks he made over the collective bargaining fight. Last February, Obama called Walker's collective bargaining legislation "an assault on unions."

Walker responded to this charge during his speech by making the same point he did last year, saying the average federal employee still pays double for health insurance what Wisconsin public workers pay.

Obama's trip to Milwaukee will be his eighth visit to Wisconsin as president and his first appearance in the state since January of last year.