Mike Myers' steady fall from grace may be one Dr. Evil too many

As I grow up, I find myself rethinking many of the attitudes and decisions I made when I was a lot younger. The thought of taking care of a Tamagotchi is much less appealing to me now than when I was in third grade, the Ewoks are not nearly as lovable as I once believed and I'm still waiting to get rich selling Beanie Babies. For a long time, as well, I believed that Mike Myers could do no wrong, but like digital pets and a certain species from Endor, I'm beginning to rethink that decision I made a long time ago. 

It seems strange that I'm writing to bury the career of someone who by all accounts is still thriving in the tough business of Hollywood. As the voice of a certain ogre, Myers has grossed over a billion dollars internationally between box-office revenues, DVD sales and merchandising. But as I look up and down his filmography, Myers has made more missteps than savvy career movies, more embarrassing flops than smash hits.  

Mike Myers has embodied some of the most beloved characters on film in the last 15 years. He was Wayne in Wayne's World,"" a film that was self-aware but still really funny (and still one of the few ""Saturday Night Live"" sketches ever successfully translated to film) and of course, both Austin Powers and Dr. Evil in the ""Austin Powers"" series. But he was also the eponymous Cat in the Hat in the dreadful adaptation and has starred in so many dreadful films and sequels it's impossible to list them all in the space the Cardinal gives me. Do ""54