New website allows students to rate landlords, properties

A new social networking website will now allow college students to grade locate landlords and rental properties on campus.

The website grademylandlord.com functions similarly to the popular website ratemyprofessor.com, co-founder of the website Michael Montesano said. The website is also similar to a website Ald. Scott Resnick, District 8, proposed.

Students are able to grade landlords on a traditional grading scale in six different categories: party tolerance, security deposit return, contract, timeliness, kindness and maintenance. Students are also able to rate the properties on a five star scale, Montesano said.

UW-Madison has a section on the website where students are able to rate local landlords including Madison Property Management Inc., CHT Apartment Rentals and Keller Real Estate Group.

""The main goal of the site is to give students a place to go where they can choose rental properties around their college campuses based on the grades of the landlords and the properties themselves,"" Montesano said in a statement.

Montesano said the website gives students the opportunity to share rental experiences.

""This website makes the entire renting process easier,"" Montesano said in a statement.