Walker discusses security issues with Obama

Governor-elect Scott Walker met with President Barack Obama and his cabinet to discuss security issues in Washington, D.C. Thursday.

Walker was accompanied by other newly elected governors from around the country.

Walker sent a letter to Obama prior to the meeting to expose two issues, high speed rail and healthcare.  In the letter, Walker said he spoke with the U.S. Department Secretary Ray LaHood soon after he was elected about his opposition to the proposed high speed rail line in Wisconsin.

""It is my hope that there is a way to use these or other funds to fix the crumbling roads and bridges in Wisconsin that are a part of the federal interstate system – instead of using $810 million on a proposed high speed rail line,"" Walker said in the statement.

In the letter, Walker also urged the Obama administration to ""allow Wisconsin to take a free-market, consumer driven system approach under the healthcare exchange provisions of the federal act.""  He said Wisconsin needs ""maximum flexibility at the state level"" to carry out his plan.

Walker said U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sibelius was in support of his proposed healthcare model when he shared it with her last week.

Walker also met with Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan  Thursday to discuss housing issues.