Style and ease with steez at Majestic

steez: Local 'Creepfunk' band steez forgoes the capital letter at the start of their name, but they are looking to throw one hell of a party Friday night at the Majestic.

Style and ease with steez at Majestic

With exams fast approaching the students need an escape from all the chaos. We need to keep ourselves sane before delving into the hell we call finals week, or for some, finals month. This Friday, steez is going to blow the roof off of the Majestic Theater with their fifth annual Last Day of Class Mustache Bash. Calling this an end of the year pick-me-up is an understatement. This concert will send you into finals saying to yourself, ""I'm going to rock the shit out of these exams. Creepfunk style.""

Creepfunk is the self-defined genre of music the band has given to their unique, one-of-a-kind sound, a style that results in exponentially high-energy concerts that leave you begging for more. In an interview with The Daily Cardinal, lead guitarist Steve Neary explained steeze's music in depth.

""In terms of the music, we like to call it creepfunk. The bottom line being things are always funky in our kitchen. Our style is a mix of funk and electronica that's mostly instrumental. Chances are you'll hear a random cover or two that you wouldn't expect ... We cover everyone from Madonna to Ratatat.""

""First and foremost, a steez concert is a dance party,"" Neary said when asked to describe a steez show. ""Our main focus is to keep people moving throughout the entire show. We like to make things get all hot and sweaty."" This is exactly what one can expect for the Mustache Bash.

In the past, the concert has been insane, with the legendary mustache competition resulting in extraordinary facial hair reconstruction.

""Previous outcomes have been pretty wild. From the first year on, people have really gone all out. A good set of handlebars [mustache] won't always get you the gold. Last year one of the contestants shaved a lightning bolt into his moustache, if you can believe that,"" Neary said.

Steez has stood by Madison through thick and thin, and their fans. Neary expressed his gratitude, saying, ""I'd have to say that this event is mainly focused on giving back to our community of friends and fans here in Madison. We always come up with a few surprises and new tunes to debut each year at the bash, which is basically us saying ‘thank you' to everyone that has supported us so graciously in the past.""

""This is also the third year that we've done the food drive, which is another way that we can give back to the community that spawned us,"" Neary continued, ""Ultimately, this is a Madison kind of party.""

All of the non-perishable food is going to the Second Harvest Foodbank of Wisconsin as part of NBC15's Share Your Holidays campaign, taking place all over the UW-Madison campus. Any even where you can feed yourself some amazing music while helping feed the stomachs of those in need is a good.

So take a break and get your nose out of the books for one night. Grow yourself a crazy mustache and funk out with steez this weekend.

The Last Day of Class Mustache Bash will be this Friday, Dec. 10, at 9:00 p.m. The show will take place at the Majestic Theatre, and bands Elf Lettuce and Wook will be opening.