Listening to tunes at stop sign leads to man's fifth OWI

A mid-drive music listening session led to one man earning his fifth OWI citation early Saturday morning.

A Madison police officer allegedly saw 50-year-old John Miller's black Saab stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of East Dayton and North Ingersoll Street. The officer waited but the vehicle stayed there without moving, according to the police incident report.

Authorities said the black Saab still had not moved even after the officer drove around the block. The officer then confronted the driver who told the officer he was listening to music.

""There was a discussion about how odd it was for someone to elect to sit in the middle of the street at a stop sign with their engine running,"" Madison police spokesperson Howard Payne said in a statement. ""Miller continued to be delayed [and] confused in his responses to the officer.""

The officer suspected Miller was intoxicated and gave him a field sobriety test. Miller's blood alcohol content was measured at 0.10, police said, and he was taken to Dane County Jail.