Men's soccer falls to Ohio State 1-0

The Wisconsin men's soccer team traveled to Ohio State Sunday in its final road game of the season.  Looking to put together a string of positive results following a win over UWM last week, the Badgers hoped to pick up back to back wins.  However, fitting to the tune of the Badgers' season, Wisconsin dropped another close decision, falling to the Buckeyes 1-0.

With the loss, the Badgers remain winless in the Big Ten with a record of 0-4-1, 2-12-2 overall.  Sunday's game also marks the 11th time this season that the Badgers have lost a game by one goal, and the sixth time that they have given up only one goal.

Finding the net in the 28th minute, Ohio State's Konrad Warzycha put the ball past UW keeper Max Jentsch on a hard driving header to give the Buckeyes the lead.  Ohio State would hold the one-goal lead through the rest of the game and go on to take the win despite a steady show of pressure from the Badger offense.

Taking nine shots, the Badgers directed six of them on goal.  Ohio State keeper Matt Lampson was there to make the stop on every attempt, including a last minute surge and shot by freshman forward Chris Prince in the 89th minute.

Prince led the team with 3 shots on goal.  Senior defender Aaron Nichols and freshman midfielder Nick Janus would both record two shots a piece with one on goal.

Freshman keeper Max Jentsch started in net for the Badgers.  Even though Jentsch would be charged with the loss, his fifth of the season, his play kept Wisconsin in the game.  Jentsch saved six of the seven shots he faced.

The Badgers finish up their regular season schedule with a pair of home games this week.  Wisconsin will host UIC Wednesday night and Penn State in their final Big Ten and regular season schedule Saturday night.  The kickoff for both games is 7 p.m.