Restaurant Week to begin on Sunday

Sunday marks the beginning of the popular biannual Restaurant Week in Madison, presented by Madison Magazine.

The event, which is in its fourth year and runs through Jan. 29, offers diners the opportunity to experience a three-course dinner for $25 at a variety of area restaurants.

Select restaurants will also be offering a $15 three-course lunch option.

The menus will offer three options for each course. Beverages, tax and gratuity are not included in the set price.

Thirty-three restaurants will be participating this January, including Tutto Pasta on State Street, which is participating in Restaurant Week for the second time.

""Downtown in January is a pretty slow time,"" owner Pam McCord said. ""Last year was our first year doing it ... and we had a good turnout.""

According to McCord, Restaurant Week enables customers to get the best of a restaurant's food at a set price.

""What we discovered is a lot of people go to really expensive restaurants to get to eat [the restaurant's] food for less,"" she said.

Diners do not need to present any type of ticket or coupon at participating restaurants, but it is recommended that customers make reservations in advance.