Sunday, June 16, 2024
Suspected murderer Adair found dead

Police officer: Madison police officials announced Monday that they found the body of alleged murderer Tyrone Adair in a car in Cottage Grove.

Suspected murderer Adair found dead

The search for Tyrone Adair, the man suspected of killing his two children and their mothers Thursday, came to a close when authorities found Adair's body in a silver GMC Acadia Monday morning.

Adair, 38, appears to have died from a firearm injury. Authorities have yet to say whether the injury was self-inflicted.

According to Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney, the vehicle was present on property on Natvig Road in Cottage Grove for several days before being reported. Two handguns were found in the vehicle.

Authorities indicated the property owner did not initially report the presence of the vehicle because he has a friend who generally parks in that area.

The Dane County Sheriff's Department has been working in conjunction with the Madison and Middleton police departments and the Dane County District Attorney's Office in the search for Adair since the quadruple murder occurred Thursday.

Police stated Adair is suspected of killing Tracy Graser, 33, and Deja Adair, 23 months, both of Middleton, and Amber Weigel, 25, and Neveah Weigel-Adair, 2, both of Madison.  Madison Police Department Chief Noble Wray called the situation a ""tragedy.""

Wray said the incident would likely go down in history as ""the worst incident for homicides in Dane County.""

Dane County District Attorney Brian Blanchard said the charges brought against Adair for the intentional homicide of Judd and her infant daughter have been dismissed.

However, Blanchard added ""there is extremely strong evidence these were four homicides by one person … now deceased.""

Mahoney said the murders are most likely the result of a domestic violence situation. He added there was evidence there had been an attempt by Judd to break off her relationship with Adair.

""This speaks to the prominence and potential dangers of domestic violence,"" Mahoney said.

However, Wray stressed MPD is ""not able to drill down a motive at this time.""

Middleton Chief of Police Brad Keil expressed gratitude for everyone ""working around the clock"" and the amount of coordination that took place between departments.

Dane County Coroner Ray Wosepka said autopsies of the victims and Adair are currently taking place, and further announcements will be made regarding cause of death once they are completed.