#4 - Japandroids - Post-Nothing

Japandroids' debut LP, Post-Nothing, is not particularly original. Then again, saying Post-Nothing isn't all that original itself is not all that original—after all, the album is titled Post-Nothing. Japandroids aren't looking to blaze any new trails in garage rock, but why should they when the band already has a well-paved six-lane highway blazed ahead of it? All band members Brian King and David Prowse seem intent to do is continue the well-crafted tradition of their predecessors, all while making a kickass record that runs strong from start to finish. On Post-Nothing, they definitely succeeded. From the charging rhythm of ""The Boys Are Leaving Town"" to the paradoxically smooth-yet-jarring wrap-up of ""I Quit Girls,"" Post-Nothing simply does not have any weak points. What the album does have are several stand-out tracks, including the infinitely catchy ""Wet Hair,"" with its id-centric focus on uncontrollable lust that is so intense it is impossible to listen to without getting caught up in the feeling. Other bands can be as innovative as Thomas Edison if they want, but sometimes all an album needs is a good dose of enthusiasm. Thankfully, Japandroids are more than willing to dole that out in spades.