Forget cocaine, Smarties are all the rage

On March 20, 2009, the Wall Street Journal printed an article about a new trend among middle-schoolers: smoking Smarties. To imitate smoking, students crush the candy into a fine powder, pour it into their mouths and blow out the dust. The following are confiscated correspondence from kids caught passing notes in Ms. Tayler's eighth-grade class.  

Hey biatch! 

Ok so im like sooo embarrassed. today the popular girls asked me to sit with them at lunch and like i really wanted to becuz kelly so awesome and sed if i hang with her then aaron might forget that i cried a little becuz i missed my mom at the lock-in. so i was like duh im gonna sit with you and then i did and then it was so weirdish becuz at first i thawt they were actually smoking like cigarettes or somting and i was like r those cigarettes?? and they were like noo theyr smarties uve never done it b4?? and i was like duhhh of course i do it all the time but they knew i was lying!! 

Luv ya girl! 

Jess 

Yo dude, 

I know I've called like eight times already, but dude, I need my fix. I haven't done smarties since recess and I'm going crazy. I told my parents I was going to see the Hannah Montana movie so they gave me my allowance early so I can pay you $7 instead of $5 but only if you get it to me tonight. I'm losing my mind here. I looked in the pantry when I got home yesterday and tried to smoke some goldfish but it didn't really work, and now my entire kitchen smells like Cheddar Blasted. Then I met some high school guys on the street and they didn't have any smarties so bought some crack cocaine from them instead. I still don't have any smarties. Dude, you gotta help me out. 

Your very desperate client, 

Rocco 

Could u smoke sweet tarts? Is it the same as smarties? I kno it's sort of childish but everyone does it in 8th grade so I've been doing it (i am in the 8th grade around 15) well anyways could u smoke sweet tarts? Is it the same thing? Can i get sick smocking it to? (i have been coughing wiered lately) (I don't spell good) 

(Posted on answers.yahoo.com) 

Ummm, no it's not the same as smarties! Only the nerds and the geeks smoke sweetarts because, idk they like want to make sure people know they're ""non-conformists"" or whatever. I once even saw Chad Burns smoking sweetarts behind the dumpster at recess. Eeuww. Would you ever want to be like Chad Burns? Didn't think so. Disgusting. So yah, don't smoke sweetarts if you like ever want to have friends again.  

Janice 

<3 <3 Melissa's Prices <3 <3 

Smarties- $5/pack or .75/hit  

Sweet Tarts- samesies 

Goldfish- Call Rocco, his mom always buys them in bulk 

Reeses- $8 there's no wrong way to smoke a Reeses haha jk lol! 

Yo yo wazzup? Jordan's price list yo 

Smarties- $6.50 yah that's right. I got the good stuff. Melissa's mom shops at Copps but my mom goes Organic yo. 

Sweet Tarts- $4 only cuz i feel bad for u yo cuz only lozers smoke tarts yo smarties where it at. 

Weed- $3/ounce. Waddis this stuff? Anyone kno? I found it in Rocco's basement and my bro said I should sell it. 

Hey Kelly babe! 

Can u believe Jess actually sat with us at lunch today? I totally think we should've all got up and left as soon as she pulled out that nasty tuna sandwich. How funny would that have been?!? And omg did you see her face when we all started smoking? Are those cigarettes?!? HAHAHAHA. But yah, Jess is having a huge sleepover this weekend and her mom's buying smarties. Wanna go? Maybe we can get Rocco and Jordan to stop by. I heard Rocco once did Goldfish with a sophomore in high school!!! He is sooo cool. 

If you've got any Smarties, e-mail Kiera at wiatrak@wisc.edu and meet her behind the dumpster.