Hill arrested on two felony charges

Hill arrested on two felony charges: P.J. Hill, a former Badger football player, was arrested last week on drunken driving charges.

Hill arrested on two felony charges

Madison police officers arrested former Badger running back P.J. Hill last week for driving under the influence.  

Police were called in at 2:30 a.m. March 14 after Hill, 22, allegedly hit a guard rail near the Open Pantry, 1401 Regent St., and fled. Hill led officers on a chase before crashing his car into a wall on Spring Street with a female passenger inside. He was arrested at gunpoint. 

Hill, who refused a sobriety test upon his arrest, arrived at the Dane County Circuit Court March 16 on tentative charges of drunken driving, fleeing police, driving without headlights and reckless endangerment. He will appear in court again April 6 after formal charges are filed.  

As a part of his bail, Hill cannot drink or be in or near the Open Pantry on Regent Street. 

Hill announced his decision to enter the National Football League draft earlier this year, prohibiting him from participating in his senior season with the Badgers. He is anticipating going to New York City April 25-26 for the draft.  

Hill left the Badgers after obtaining a total of 3,942 yards, behind Ron Dayne and Anthony Davis. He is the second player to rush for 1,000 yards in the first three seasons. 

Hill was suspended from the Badger football team in 2006 after an incident in a UW residence hall. Hill pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct charges stemming from the incident.