Wisconsin dismisses second-leading scorer

Mariah Dunham: Junior forward Mariah Dunham is no longer a Badger after playing 85 games over three seasons in Cardinal and White.

Junior women's basketball player Mariah Dunham was dismissed from the team Wednesday, according to a statement from the University of Wisconsin Athletic Department. 

The forward from Watertown, Wis., was suspended for an off-court incident before Sunday's 70-42 loss to the Michigan Wolverines. Dunham had been averaging 9.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game this season. 

This was a very tough decision to make, but, in the best interests of the program, we felt that it was time for Mariah to leave the team,"" Women's baskatball head coach Lisa Stone said in the statement. ""We wish her the best in her future endeavors."" 

Stone had no further comments on the situation after practice Wednesday. 

Dunham emerged as one of the team's better scorers as a freshman but saw her scoring average go down during her sophomore season. She started 13 of the 20 games she played during this season and has 34 career starts. 

She finishes her time as a Badger with an average of 7.1 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in 85 career games.